Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Suspension Question

Old 05-08-2013, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suspension Question

I have a puck lift to go on my JKU. I saw one today with the same lift and instead of using longer swaybar links they changed the angle of the swaybar. My question I will this work or is it just a temporary fix.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You really want the swaybar to be as parallel with the ground as possible. Too much on either side of level will affect the handling of your Jeep.

What size pucks are you installing?
Old 05-08-2013, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The NC only thread?...

I would be concerned about steering linkage rubbing.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

2" lift. A local dealership has 3 JK's with the swaybar like that.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeLisa
2" lift. A local dealership has 3 JK's with the swaybar like that.
That's because they're either lazy or just don't know what they're doing If yours came with longer links i would definitely use them. My 2.5" bb came with new rear links, and the stock rear links get moved to the front. Keep in mind tho, if you install longer links in the REAR, it may come close to rubbing the wheel/ tire if you are still running stock wheels (unless you have spacers). You'll see what i mean. Wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with less back spacing takes care of this issue. On my 2.5" Teraflex bb, just took my rear swaybar off for a few days until i got my new wheels/ tires.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kh202

That's because they're either lazy or just don't know what they're doing If yours came with longer links i would definitely use them. My 2.5" bb came with new rear links, and the stock rear links get moved to the front. Keep in mind tho, if you install longer links in the REAR, it may come close to rubbing the wheel/ tire if you are still running stock wheels (unless you have spacers). You'll see what i mean. Wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with less back spacing takes care of this issue. On my 2.5" Teraflex bb, just took my rear swaybar off for a few days until i got my new wheels/ tires.
Ok. I had someone give me the pucks and I need to get shock extension and swaybar links but wasn't sure about the links after seeing that at the dealership. I think I can get by with just buying for the rear and move the rear to the front.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah you can. I didn't really feel much of a difference onroad. I would get new rears eventually tho if you do a lot of off camber stuff. Gives better stability

Last edited by kh202; 05-09-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Suspension Question