Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sunrider Top

Old 05-28-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunrider Top

I have an 07 2 door soft top. My top is not a sunrider. I found an item on ebay that has a rail kit for a sunrider top. Is this all I need to make my top a sunrider?

Last edited by Dizzyliz; 05-29-2009 at 07:07 AM. Reason: edited ebay link
Old 05-28-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

I'm not 100% but that ebay item looks to be only the door surrounds, which you do need for the sunrider however there is also a hinged upper bow/top support that you will need that locks the top in the UP position when it is flipped back in "sunrider" mode. I'm pretty sure the fabric top is the same across the board. If not I would think yours could easily be modified. There are "breaks" along the plastic rail that pops into the door surround channel that lets the top fold back.

This aint mine but you can see where/how the top folds back. There are clips beneath the hinge that keep the top up and they consist of the door surround as well as the forward bow.

Kinda hard to explain without some good pics and I don't happen to have any atm
Old 05-29-2009, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

I changed from a standard top to a Sunrider. In addition to the surrounds, you will need the side, front bows with the hinge and latch hole. Here is a link to a thread with photos of all the Sunrider parts that I posted a while back, they may help you see what you need. Go to the linked thread and scroll down to post #38.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...windows&page=4

Quick Reply: Sunrider Top