Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sunrider to Soft Top

Old 04-13-2009, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regardless of whether it has been 2 years, you paid for the dual top option, not the 1 and a half top option like scottrock said. I'm sure they will give you the run around, but if they won't sort it out for you I'd be shocked. I don't understand what the dealer could be doing with all these soft top components.

By the way, I just went down to the dealer and managed to get the door surrounds... still no windows... but its a start. I have only had my jeep for 3 months though.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by smuhhh
Regardless of whether it has been 2 years, you paid for the dual top option, not the 1 and a half top option like scottrock said. I'm sure they will give you the run around, but if they won't sort it out for you I'd be shocked. I don't understand what the dealer could be doing with all these soft top components.

By the way, I just went down to the dealer and managed to get the door surrounds... still no windows... but its a start. I have only had my jeep for 3 months though.
My wife bought her 2008 Rubicon last October while I was out of town and did not get the surrounds or windows. As we have not taken the hard top off yet, didn't even think about it until reading this post. Thought everything would be rolled up in the top.
Printed this thread out and went to the dealer and explaned that we didn't get the two boxes. Dealer ordered the parts - no questions asked. Should arrive next week.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jonc
My wife bought her 2008 Rubicon last October while I was out of town and did not get the surrounds or windows. As we have not taken the hard top off yet, didn't even think about it until reading this post. Thought everything would be rolled up in the top.
Printed this thread out and went to the dealer and explaned that we didn't get the two boxes. Dealer ordered the parts - no questions asked. Should arrive next week.

that's awesome. I have been fighting with the dealer for the past 4 days. Thinking of writing a letter to corporate now. I thought the same thing, that it was rolled up in the top. I'm blaming the salesman for not pointing this out to me and making sure everything was in order before I left the lot. Glad this thread helped you out. I'll keep updating as the battle wages on.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:21 PM
jsl
JK Enthusiast

I bought a 09 Rubicon in oct 080 with dual tops package. was top it did not come with windows. wnt back to days ago because the door sills were not with the top like they said. Found doors sills and tinted window kit in side room at dealer with my vin on box.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 AM
JK Super Freak

I still can't understand WTF the dealers take them out. From the factory, both boxes are stored in the back in the cargo area. Both my 06 and 08 had the boxes in the back ready to go. If they would just leave them in there, then people would not have this problem. Glad to hear some of you are getting resolution on these issues. Having worked for a dealership before, it still burns me to read that some of them are so clueless and no help on this kind of stuff.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

*UPDATE* Well, after almost two months of battling the dealer, I finally got the windows and door surrounds. I dealt with 3 managers and a local radio host that has a show about cars and he helped out. I've never had this much trouble with a dealer, but it was worth it.

Quick Reply: Sunrider to Soft Top