Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sunrider???

Old 04-11-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunrider???

hey i havea wrangler x and it dident come with the sunrider, is it posible to buy like the tube that converts the basic soft top to sunrider??? ive been looking and i think its only 1 part, does any body know if i could do it or i have to buy the new soft top just to sunridee uuu????
thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

I you find the answer let me know cause I would like to make mine a sunrider also.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

I have both a standard top, which came on my JK, and a Sunrider which I picked up on craig's list. The side bow is different in that there is a hinge in the Sunrider. The door surrounds are also different, there is a latch built into the Sunrider surround which holds the side bow down in place when the Sunrider portion of the top is open. If you go to this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...windows&page=4

and scroll down to post #38 you will find photos that I posted of the Sunrider pieces before I installed them on the JK. The surround part number is in one photo. I have not found anyone who has been able to buy the bow for the top. The canvas part of the tops are alike.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's a lot more grief in the end trying to convert it than getting a new top. I remember others asking the question in 8/08 or so, a few months after I bought mine.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ResQGrnRubi
it's a lot more grief in the end trying to convert it than getting a new top. I remember others asking the question in 8/08 or so, a few months after I bought mine.
Exactly, I bought mine brand new off craig's list for $375. Got the entire top and all the parts for that price. You would spend more on the parts to do the conversion than that.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

i was cheking and the hole soft top is for like 1.300 bucks and think it brings averithing but its too much money sine my soft top is like almost new.....

Quick Reply: Sunrider???