Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stupid Mail Man!!!!! How can I fix this dent?

Old 01-10-2012, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Old 01-10-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Don't give the OP a hard time... it is entirely possible that the mailman dented his jeep. The mailman should have knocked on the door and when the OP answered the door he would have received his package. If he didn't answer then the postman could have taken it back with him per SOP.

No one should have to just put up with mistake of another. Trust me, I don't want to piss the postman off but if he is at fault I would discuss it with him (at least for the sake of the next customer he tries to help).

Should I not confront the guy who ran the red light and totaled my jeep just because he knows where I live and could make my life hell?! No... you bet I will confront a wrong, because it is the right thing to do. Most often, the delivery of the message will dicatate the type of response you will receive. I would approach the postman with humility and understanding, but simply trying to find out what may have happened.
thanx for understanding....
as for the folks that say I did the wrong thing; well everyone handles situations differently. What happened, happened.....If it was a mistake on his part, that would of been fine, but to deny even being in my driveway or ever leaving mail in my JK, well that's down right lying. He should of left the mail on my steps like he has done in the past or knocked on my door. My door was open, so there is no excuse not to knock.
It cost me $50 to get it fixed. I would have been happy just to talk to the mailman and maybe split the bill. Actually the $$$ doesn't really matter but an apology would have been nice.
It's over and done with........
Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear you got it fixed. Now you don't have to fret over the ding!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stonewhite

as for the folks that say I did the wrong thing; well everyone handles situations differently. What happened, happened.....If it was a mistake on his part, that would of been fine, but to deny even being in my driveway or ever leaving mail in my JK, well that's down right lying. He should of left the mail on my steps like he has done in the past or knocked on my door. My door was open, so there is no excuse not to knock.
It cost me $50 to get it fixed. I would have been happy just to talk to the mailman and maybe split the bill. Actually the $$$ doesn't really matter but an apology would have been nice.
I would make sure to take my tax returns to another PO out of town...
Old 01-10-2012, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stonewhite
That sucks that your new rig was damaged by the postal carrier's trying to help, but why would ANYONE leave anything IN your vehicle? Especially as it sounds like you were home, and he typically leaves packages at your door (or could've knocked).

If you have photos (or even if you don't), I'd file a complaint with your local Post Master. It is their job to ensure their carriers do their job, and don't overstep their boundaries. Yes, you're "only" out $50, but what about the next time? What if the postal carrier saw a digital camera on your seat and it disappeared? Would you file a complaint then? If no one files a complaint against USPS then problems never get corrected.

Quick Reply: Stupid Mail Man!!!!! How can I fix this dent?