Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stupid Mail Man!!!!! How can I fix this dent?

Old 01-09-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey brother i too BLEED SCARLET AND GREY...if somebody opened my door without asking i would go postal on them...lol
Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

UPDATE:

Well the post office claimed they weren't at fault, and that they didn't put my mail in the JK.

I made a few phone calls, and was able to contact a fellow who is known as the Dent Man. Went to the body shop where he was fixing some vehicles today, and had my JK looking brand new again within 10 minutes. Can't even tell where it was dented!!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:09 AM
kik
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stonewhite
UPDATE:

Well the post office claimed they weren't at fault, and that they didn't put my mail in the JK.

I made a few phone calls, and was able to contact a fellow who is known as the Dent Man. Went to the body shop where he was fixing some vehicles today, and had my JK looking brand new again within 10 minutes. Can't even tell where it was dented!!!!
Great to hear. Those PDR methods work great.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

UPDATE:

now was that worth causing a battle with the PO? Any slightest idea how much of a living hell those guys could make receiving packages or mail? I have a friend that works for the PO. He has had run ins with people that cause him issues and WITHOUT a doubt laughs when he talks about "accidently" leaving your mailbox door wide open during rainstorms..

I seriously doubt a set of keys dinged your door like that... It may be something you didnt recognize before.. Don't think I don't agree with being a little ill, but the day someone dinged my door, I was happy as ever.. You think that post guy made a dent wait until you're stuck on a rock next to massive boulders spinning tires to get over rocks
Old 01-09-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

UPDATE:

You should have listened to our advice. As we predicted, the ding removal is miraculous - and - now you still have potential bad will from someone who has some control over an aspect of your personal life. You received wise council, had all night to sleep on it, and you still picked an unwinable fight.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Am I the only one wonder why the mailman was ever in your Jeep to begin with? I'd send them the bill and tell if they don't pay I'm calling the cops.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SH0RTBUS
Am I the only one wonder why the mailman was ever in your Jeep to begin with? I'd send them the bill and tell if they don't pay I'm calling the cops.
Actually, I was wrong. It is possible to further worsen the situation. Just follow this advice.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

sorry I should of explained better.....he had his keys in his hand when he tried to shut the door 3 times....that is what caused the dent.
How do you know he had his keys? You where inside your house and when you looked thru the window he was already walking away... I don't know why this just doesn't makes any sense to me.
If the door was slammed 3 times, feels weird to me that he shuts the door the way you say then he opens it by the handles and then release the handle to close the door as described.
And, i don't see where, in the area above the door handle, is a place where the inner and outter door panels meet.
If no pics, this didn't really happened.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't give the OP a hard time... it is entirely possible that the mailman dented his jeep. The mailman should have knocked on the door and when the OP answered the door he would have received his package. If he didn't answer then the postman could have taken it back with him per SOP.

No one should have to just put up with mistake of another. Trust me, I don't want to piss the postman off but if he is at fault I would discuss it with him (at least for the sake of the next customer he tries to help).

Should I not confront the guy who ran the red light and totaled my jeep just because he knows where I live and could make my life hell?! No... you bet I will confront a wrong, because it is the right thing to do. Most often, the delivery of the message will dicatate the type of response you will receive. I would approach the postman with humility and understanding, but simply trying to find out what may have happened.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SH0RTBUS
Again, if you had proof of this then okay. The OP has no proof. Therefore its he said, he/she said. And that never works

Quick Reply: Stupid Mail Man!!!!! How can I fix this dent?