Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stupid Mail Man!!!!! How can I fix this dent?

Old 01-08-2012, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

out of curiosity, does any company out there make a door guard for that area above and around the door handle? Maybe I will create something if there isn't anything available.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree at the miraculous nature of the ding removal. I'd also pick my battles. He was well intentioned and you are making an enemy of someone who supports you every day for $50-$100. That said, I'm not sure how a human hand can even make a dimple in that location.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

I actually noticed a dent in the hood of my 2011 JKUR the night I took possession of it after getting home. Under certain light it was highly noticable. I went back to the stealership and got them to get it out. I don't know what kind of relationship you have with yours, but it might be worth a try. The Pop-A-Dent products aren't worth the money. The first dent/scratch is always the worst. Good Luck I also agree with the above post...Pick your battles wisely.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stonewhite
out of curiosity, does any company out there make a door guard for that area above and around the door handle? Maybe I will create something if there isn't anything available.
You can make one ... if you have a divot it can be worked out. However they may need to drill a hole in the latch end of your door to get to it. Paintless works wonders, only if ... and that's a BIG IF, the paint wasn't disturbed. No spider cracks.

I've had paintless repair done before and moisture got underneath the paint and it lifted like a bubble when the rains came... the door cost $800 to repaint.

good luck.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Freak

Also in regard to the mail man... take it easy on him. The USPS are going through a lot right now and what he doesn't need is to get fired over this. He was trying to do you a favor and it didn't work out ..

I would approach him tomorrow and ask if he got into your Jeep... and if he did, calmly discuss what happened. It was an accident.. not vandalism. He may own-up and pay for your ding.....

Most of them are really nice people... except the ones that go postal.

Last edited by m998dna; 01-08-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: fixed word
Old 01-08-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m998dna
Also in regard to the mail man... take it easy on him. The USPS are going through a lot right now and what he doesn't need is to get fired over this. He was trying to do you a favor and it did work out ..

I would approach him tomorrow and ask if he got into your Jeep... and if he did, calmly discuss what happened. It was an accident.. not vandalism. He may own-up and pay for your ding.....

Most of them are really nice people... except the ones that go postal.

I got a good laugh out of that last sentence. This is all very true
Old 01-09-2012, 05:08 AM
JK Freak

I'm going to visit a PDR place this morning.....
I called the PO, and tried to ask for the delivery driver. The woman on the other end wasn't very nice at all and demanded to know what it was all about. I told her calmly what happened. She still wasn't nice, and said she would call me back later today.
It's not like I'm asking for the world, but geez I don't need to be talked to like an idiot.

I'm trying to come up with some idea that would cover and protect that area of the door from future harm. It won't be by my hand, but just in case someone else opens my doors.....are there any products available out there?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rick in Colorado
I agree at the miraculous nature of the ding removal. I'd also pick my battles. He was well intentioned and you are making an enemy of someone who supports you every day for $50-$100. That said, I'm not sure how a human hand can even make a dimple in that location.
X2. Not a battle I would pick and really not sure how the human hand could create the dimple your referencing. Just my .02
Old 01-09-2012, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lensstj
X2. Not a battle I would pick and really not sure how the human hand could create the dimple your referencing. Just my .02
sorry I should of explained better.....he had his keys in his hand when he tried to shut the door 3 times....that is what caused the dent.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you post a picture so I can better see what you're talking about/the damage?

Quick Reply: Stupid Mail Man!!!!! How can I fix this dent?