Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stupid Mail Man!!!!! How can I fix this dent?

Old 01-08-2012, 02:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stupid Mail Man!!!!! How can I fix this dent?

Only had my 2012 JK for 4 days. I stopped at my house for about 15 minutes, needed to pack a few things and then head out.
I ordered some door entry guards. They came Friday, and the mail man decided to not put my mail on my back stairs but instead open the door to my Jk and place the mail on my seat. I was in the house and didn't hear him come. I then heard my JK door shutting 3 times. Evidently he didn't use the door handle and put his hand above the handle on the paint. I have a small ding now above the driver's door handle. Can't wait till the post office opens tomorrow morning...i'm gonna give him a piece of my mind.
In the meantime, how can I go about removing this small ding. It's no bigger than a dime and it isn't creased. I tried the hairdryer and air duster trick, but no luck. Was wondering if the Pops-a-Dent or Dent Out products work?
I assume it might on such a small ding.....Let me know your thoughts!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 02:57 PM
kik
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are you fixing it. At the very least the Postal Service should be paying for a professional paintless dent removal company to fix it. It will probably cost them no more than $100. I've used them before on vehicles and you can't tell there was ever a ding or dent. It works. They do a perfect job and have the proper equipment to do it right. Those do it yourself kits don't work. Don't waste your $. They should be paying for the repair.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Freak

I know they should be paying for it.....I'll be calling bright and early tomorrow morning.
The problem is I don't think the paintless dent removal can be done. If you look at the ding and open the door, it falls between where the inner and outer door panels come together........not sure they can get their tools in there.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure it was the mail man? How can you prove that?

Not saying it wasn't him, but just curious
Old 01-08-2012, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MacBeJeepin
Are you sure it was the mail man? How can you prove that?

Not saying it wasn't him, but just curious
They might deny it, but I went over every inch of the JK with a cloth, and waxed it.....it wasn't there.....plus I only took it out of my garage on Friday, and it wasn't there when I drove it......I would have seen it......
Mail man delivers mail, and tries to shut my JK door 3 times. I thought my JK was getting stolen! I ran out to my living room window and saw him walking away from my JK and getting back in his rig. I go out and notice a ding.......it was evident. GGGRRRRRrrrrr!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:07 PM
kik
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stonewhite
I know they should be paying for it.....I'll be calling bright and early tomorrow morning.
The problem is I don't think the paintless dent removal can be done. If you look at the ding and open the door, it falls between where the inner and outer door panels come together........not sure they can get their tools in there.
You'd be surprised where they can access. I've watched them get into real tight areas. At the very least they should be paying for them to try. I don't think they even charge a fee if they feel they can't access the area. If they can't they'll tell you, then you would have to consider a body shop. The Postal Service would then have to pay for that. More expensive but, oh well. They're insured.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

Paintless dent removal, should be like $50 bucks, and because you didn't see him do it you have no real proof. And unless he openly admits, which I doubt he will to doing it then your SOL man, I'm sorry to say it.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by kik
Why are you fixing it. At the very least the Postal Service should be paying for a professional paintless dent removal company to fix it. It will probably cost them no more than $100. I've used them before on vehicles and you can't tell there was ever a ding or dent. It works. They do a perfect job and have the proper equipment to do it right. Those do it yourself kits don't work. Don't waste your $. They should be paying for the repair.
Agree.....
Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stonewhite

They might deny it, but I went over every inch of the JK with a cloth, and waxed it.....it wasn't there.....plus I only took it out of my garage on Friday, and it wasn't there when I drove it......I would have seen it......
Mail man delivers mail, and tries to shut my JK door 3 times. I thought my JK was getting stolen! I ran out to my living room window and saw him walking away from my JK and getting back in his rig. I go out and notice a ding.......it was evident. GGGRRRRRrrrrr!
Why not confront him then an there? And call Post Office right away?
Old 01-08-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MacBeJeepin
Why not confront him then an there? And call Post Office right away?
post office was closed and he was running really late.....have to wait till tomorrow

Quick Reply: Stupid Mail Man!!!!! How can I fix this dent?