Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

strange issue happened a week ago

Old 10-10-2012, 09:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Sounds like it needs re-booting once in a while. Sometimes it requires a momentary battery disconnect to do it.
Originally Posted by attacka
so jeeps are like microsoft windows operating systems.. ahh i get it now!
You nailed it. All JK and JKU engines are run by on board computers with various software to perform various tasks. That includes cruise control, fuel and power management and many other operations.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I remember the old joke about "If Microsoft built cars" that circulated by email back in the day. One of the punchlines was that you'd have to stop and reboot your car every so often. Apparently we've reached the point where Microsoft builds cars.

IF MICROSOFT BUILT CARS
Old 10-14-2012, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's a funny email. I remember an email like that going around. It is funny that some of it is actually true now.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

I am having this same issue, but it's not coming and going. It is permanent. I am worried it's a harness issue. The PCM on my jeep was just replaced and I am wondering if it's the harness that killed the PCM.

Quick Reply: strange issue happened a week ago