Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stowing rear wiper and washer attachments 2012 jku

Old 10-20-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stowing rear wiper and washer attachments 2012 jku

Removed hardtop o 2012 jku and noticed the washer and electrical cable symbols embossed on the plastic at the base of the driver's side rear roll bar post. It looks like it is meant as a spot to stow the washer hose and electrical attachment for the rear window wiper.

Tugged on the plastic piece a bit and it did not come loose.

before I break it loose, can anyone confirm this spot is meant to stow these items?
Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

I noticed that too. Hope someone tells us about this.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not being a smart ass, but does the owners manual show how to stow the lines? My 2009 doesn't have this feature.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I never pulled too hard up on those tabs on my '11. When they didn't come loose I just assumed I was supposed to tuck the hoses under the appropriately pictured tab. Nothing I found in the manual about it. Tucking them under has worked for me so far.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts

I've been in there a lot recently, bedlining the tub. I also relocated all the wiring into the roll cage while I was in there. Behind those symbols is a whole lot of nothing. It's pretty tight too, I don't know if you could shove the wiper motor connector in there. If you want to take those pieces apart, it's not too tough. If you give that small piece with the symbols on it a good wiggle, the tabs that hold it in will start popping. There are a few on the left and right. The cap that the seat belt runs through has to come up. All the tabs that hold these things together are meant to come out, but you can break them if you twist or yank too hard. Just work em with some light pressure and try to pull straight out.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:31 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah on my '12 wrangler sport dual tops has the text and it just seems like someone forgot to cut the panels so they can open...

Can't believe nobody on here doesn't have the answer, we've got some sharp folks on here.

Matthew
Old 10-20-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I always just tuck the wires and hose under the tab and let the ends loose. I also wondered if it was supposed to open -- I never pulled too hard because I was afraid of breaking something. I'm also curious how one is supposed to stow the connectors using that tab.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the canvasback canvas liner over the cargo area and sides on my 2012 JKU. I tuck my wire harness and washer hose into the liner.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its not meant to open. I was pulling on it, being very cafeful, and my wife thought I needed help and pulled the shit out of it. lol It comes open and wont break anything, but its not really useful for storing the lines there.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I poked around under those symbols as well, and it did not seem like there was enough space to store the electrical socket, or anything else for that matter.

I just threaded the hoses under the tabs and let the ends hang forward of the plastic cover.

Nothing in the manual for sure. A bit of a mystery.

Quick Reply: Stowing rear wiper and washer attachments 2012 jku