Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stoopid little door pocket net things.....

Old 09-23-2014, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BossHog
This is the exact reason I refuse to store anything in those nets. I knew this would happen...
I hear ya boss, and agree to an extent. I knew they looked dinky when I bought the jeep but told my self "I just paid a bunch of money for them there nets, im gonna put chit in them!".

Now, I didn't put a gym set in them, just the stuff you would expect a net that size to hold.

Looks like other folks have the same issue, anyone have a solution?.....

Thanks!.....
Old 09-23-2014, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got a Samsung Galaxy note 2(that big f*cking thing) in my passenger side net(2door) and it's been in there for 2 month give or take and it hasn't sagged yet. It's probably gonna stay in there till my buddy decides he wants it back so I'll report if it ends up sagging.. But other than that I only use those pockets for the wire plug when i remove the doors. Sent from my iPhone 5s
Old 09-23-2014, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ob269
I've got a Samsung Galaxy note 2(that big f*cking thing) in my passenger side net(2door) and it's been in there for 2 month give or take and it hasn't sagged yet. It's probably gonna stay in there till my buddy decides he wants it back so I'll report if it ends up sagging.. But other than that I only use those pockets for the wire plug when i remove the doors. Sent from my iPhone 5s
Lmao!, I haven't touched a computer(except for work) since I got MY big f#cking thing! (Note2).

Fact, im using it right now, it's become an apendage I tell you!.....

If your friend doesn't want his back, let me know!.

I use mine for all kinds of stuff, music in the jeep, supplemental navigation, entertainment, engine monitoring and I call someone every now and then (the irony is that i HATE to talk on the phone).

Back on subject, I think my issue isn't stretching from weight but more a failure in the net itself, it just gave up and rotted.

Thanks!....
Old 09-24-2014, 12:29 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mean to tell me, none of you (who knows how to paracord grab handles) can figure out how to paracord a new baggie for the doors..
Old 09-24-2014, 01:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
You mean to tell me, none of you (who knows how to paracord grab handles) can figure out how to paracord a new baggie for the doors..
Hi Red:

I do not know how to weave paracord, I can't imagine it being impossible to learn, however, I'm not sure that's the way i want to go. Making the pouch might be easy, I'm not sure how easy it will be to attach the pouch to the panel.

Food for thought though.

Thanks....!
Old 09-24-2014, 01:29 AM
JK Freak

I have no help for you. I only use them, as someone else said, to hold the harness when I take the doors off. The only other thing they do is grab the lace husk in my boots and try to kill me. If I could pull mine off and give them to you I would, lol.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:35 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Borrowed this image of the web.. and I see what you're facing as for the sagging..

Reason I can't help any more on acquiring the pockets is because the 08 had plastic pockets or trays..

I've also seen several cases where smitty has a blank velcro cover that fits over this.. But seeing how Red, has wire wrapped and has done a few himpcords designs.. I'll see if she and I can come up with some as a replacement.. You just figure out how to get the door panel off and removing the saggy pockets..
Old 09-24-2014, 03:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

it doesnt take much to stretch them. I had one replaced by the dealer because it caght on something I had on the passenger front floor and stretched very easily never to return.. the dealer was nice and fixed it for me under warranty.

I really miss the plastic pockets on my older JK doors.. they made great left foot rests on long road trips..

-Christopher
Old 09-24-2014, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
Borrowed this image of the web.. and I see what you're facing as for the sagging..

Reason I can't help any more on acquiring the pockets is because the 08 had plastic pockets or trays..

I've also seen several cases where smitty has a blank velcro cover that fits over this.. But seeing how Red, has wire wrapped and has done a few himpcords designs.. I'll see if she and I can come up with some as a replacement.. You just figure out how to get the door panel off and removing the saggy pockets..
Redbird:

I am on board with your offer and would like to see what you can come up with.

If I think it will work, I would purchase these from you.

I'm also looking for information on the smittybilt molle panels, thay claim to fit front doors for the 2011 and up crowd but I have not been able to find pictures of them installed.

Thanks for your time!.....
Old 09-24-2014, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Billbikes
I have no help for you. I only use them, as someone else said, to hold the harness when I take the doors off. The only other thing they do is grab the lace husk in my boots and try to kill me. If I could pull mine off and give them to you I would, lol.
Yeah, I failed to mention that once they started to sag, they would catch my boot as well, made for some interesting acrobatics!!!.....

Thanks!.....

Quick Reply: Stoopid little door pocket net things.....