Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock Tires w/ 2.5" of lift

Old 02-16-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would definetly wait until you can get the setup you really want. If you just want a little extra clearance that's one thing, but I think it looks a little goofy with stock tires, just my opinion though.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I say do what you want to. A lot of people don't have 3K laying around to spend on their Jeeps all at once. I'd rather spend it on a vacation that my whole family can enjoy than on just my Jeep. Every year my family go's on a big trip and we try to stay in the 6K budget sometimes we go over but oh well its vacation.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my '08 JKU Sahara on a 2.5" BB and stock tires on for awhile. If I'd known you were interested, I'd have stopped by in Lewisville somewhere and met up for lunch so you could see for yourself.

I've got some pics in my album if you want to take a look.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I say do what you want to. A lot of people don't have 3K laying around to spend on their Jeeps all at once. I'd rather spend it on a vacation that my whole family can enjoy than on just my Jeep. Every year my family go's on a big trip and we try to stay in the 6K budget sometimes we go over but oh well its vacation.
I agree with ya buddy. I'm on a strict tight-ass budget myself and only have @ $1300 in my Rubi take-offs, springs, shocks, wheels spacers, and leveling kit!

Quick Reply: Stock Tires w/ 2.5" of lift