Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock Tires Comment/Question

Old 03-09-2009, 03:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KrasnayaZnamya
I had 245/75/16 as stock, which comes out to almost 31" (well, 30.5" to be precise), the 225 would be just over 29" in that same ratio...here's a great way to compare tire sizes, it's a graphic size calculator (oh, bee-have!):

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Might help you in comparing/contrasting different styles/sizes/etc.

I think you'll do great with the 245's for just the reasons you said...and in any case, just having a Mud tire will help...remember, though, they are a bit louder on the highway, although it lets you know you're in a Jeep!!
Thats a neat little tool. Thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 10:19 PM
JK Newbie

Hi everybody I'm new here and just got my 09jk-x and I'm iching to get diff tires. I have the 225/75/16's and I'm looking for something thats got a little more beef to it. Something I won't have to worry about rubbing w/o a lift. Anybody heard of Dean tires, I think their make by Cooper.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mrjk
Hi everybody I'm new here and just got my 09jk-x and I'm iching to get diff tires. I have the 225/75/16's and I'm looking for something thats got a little more beef to it. Something I won't have to worry about rubbing w/o a lift. Anybody heard of Dean tires, I think their make by Cooper.
Welcome to the forum!

I looked up Dean tires on google. They make a pretty good looking mud terrain. The Wild Cat Ext. It's got an E (10 ply) rating. The size I'm looking an LT245-75-16 is very reasonable. Shipping is $20 less than Tire Rack from a company called Vulcan Tire in PA.

I see they are made in the US by Cooper.

Are there any forum members who are familar with Dean tires?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrjk
Yup, they are made by cooper. I know a few people that have fun the wildcat EXT's. They seemed like a fine tire. They never had any issues with them.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:38 AM
JK Freak

Someone once said, "The stock SR-A's are like glazed donuts in mud."

It's the best quote I've ever read about them and is exactly why I switched to ProComp Xtreme M/T tires. Here in Kentucky, you will find mud when it hasn't rained in a month of Sundays. Famous Kentucky mud too, horrible stuff.

Quick Reply: Stock Tires Comment/Question