Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock radio cuts off/bumps

Old 11-02-2012, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my radio replaced three times. So I am on my fourth radio. And guess what, it also went out. Now that it is no longer under warranty I will have to get an after marker radio, which I am sure will be of better quality.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with the hard top conmector, mine cut off and on an i was stumped and happened to notice the hardtop was loose and connected it all the way, had no problems since. It short circuits it due to the current going tho the wires. And from what i hear it is louder when the hardtop is on. Hope that helps.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

check the wiring harness in the drivers footwell, mine hanged down and would cut out every now and again, no problems since zip tying it up.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Scrapin' Metal
Anyone have their stereo go off when hitting bumps??

I had much the same thing happen to my GPS/radio. I told the dealership it had a short in it and sure enough, it did and it was replaced.

Take it to the dealer and have them look into it.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Crap. Sounds like I'm in this boat too. My Sirius stopped working and my connect is acting funny. They said I have to replace my stereo. I am going to save 500 bucks by buying a my gig unit from the states instead of my non my gig unit from the dealer.

Quick Reply: Stock radio cuts off/bumps