Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock Jack removal?

Old 08-03-2009, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they must have changed jack installers at the plant, because mine was in there so damn tight that I would have never gotten it out if I actually needed it.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:35 AM
gpb
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kouj
as I was fighting with it in front of my house, all I could think about was what if this was on the side of the highway? I'd be fuming!
Exactly why it's a good idea to figure out how you're going to change the tire before it's some dark stormy night in the middle of nowhere.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just used my HiLift, to take mine out !!!

JIMBO
Old 08-03-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kouj
what is wrong with me? I can't get the thing out of this home. The jack got soaked the other day and I wanted to take it out to clean out the compartment, and of course the manual doesnt tell me anything!

any help?
I had a trailer flat last month and couldn't get the jeep jack out, so I used my hi lift.

I remember thinking, "I need to ask someone how to get that jack out" then I forgot all about it. Until now.

Mark
Old 08-03-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My damn jack knob was so tight , I thought it came out some other way, put a pair of pliers on it and it broke free.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

I fought with it, too- finally figured it out on my own. One thing I found was shoving it to the left as far as it will go under the "floor" and then extending it frees up a little bit more room for tools, liquor, etc.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the same thing fought with until I cut my hand, then I got smart, put gloves on and fought with it somemore. Then I thought turn the stupid knob and it came loose. Boy im a genius

Quick Reply: Stock Jack removal?