Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock Infinity sound system sounds like crap!

Old 04-02-2013, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock Infinity sound system sounds like crap!

IMO the sound coming out of the system is like listening through a toilet roll. Ugh
Old 04-02-2013, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like the front speakers sound ok but the sound bar speakers sound like garbage and the sub doesn't really hit hard I ended up replacing the sub with a JL audio 10" and a 150watt amp for the sub and it sounds much better
Old 04-02-2013, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have you heard just the base jk sound system? I had the infinity system in my '07 and it sounded phenomenal compared to my '12 non infinity system. It's pathetic and I can't believe they'd even install those speakers in a $26k jeep.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SPCmario
I feel like the front speakers sound ok but the sound bar speakers sound like garbage and the sub doesn't really hit hard I ended up replacing the sub with a JL audio 10" and a 150watt amp for the sub and it sounds much better
Where did you place the amp?
Old 04-03-2013, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jbry311
Have you heard just the base jk sound system? I had the infinity system in my '07 and it sounded phenomenal compared to my '12 non infinity system. It's pathetic and I can't believe they'd even install those speakers in a $26k jeep.
I Agree with you that the True Infinity Premium System was more then Ok... I still have it on one of my Jeeps and have not had one system on another vehicle sound better yet...
The Newer Systems started changing, Differnet Sub, Amp and Alphine has actually been used since 2010 with Chrysler Branding it their System...The system you had and i still have are made by Harmon Kardon...along with the Infotainment Unit....

and the Wiring changed...Our HK Infinity were 2 ohm. more power, easier for Amp to reach it's Peak...and what they did with the Front speakers is a change that is Noticed missing in newer ones when they Bi-Amped them and that was a winner for the Wrangler..

Changing out speakers for non 2 ohm is not getting what the Amp can Actually do...Our Sub is Dual Voice 2ohm which had two channels off the Amp...just need to be tweeked by Flashing the amp since they are preprogrammed for each model differently..

Did you have to leave it with the old jeep?

Quick Reply: Stock Infinity sound system sounds like crap!