Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock flair fasteners?

Old 04-20-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock flair fasteners?

When I was out this weekend with the top opened I kept hearing a rattle...not sure this was it but this is something I found need to fix:

My passenger rear fender flare is very lose and I can sort of shake it and it rattles. It looks like some of the plastic bolts/fasteners are sheared off or severely bent. I'm pretty sure this is from me "glancing" off a tree last month when I was on a trail ride with a group. I never noticed it before but some of the fasteners must have come out or shifted enough that fender moves a little and may be rattling. Anyway...just wondering if anyone can help me out with maybe a diagram of how these attach and what parts I need? I *think* its just a few of the plastic things. -The dealer has completely dropped the ball with me once already on getting simple parts (side step bolts, never called me after they told me they would order them). So if there is some other place that sells them I would rather they get my money...which I'm hoping won't be much.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-20-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Junkie

I had to get a new fender when that happened. Now both fenders are loose and I'm looking to get new ones after my lift. I'm sure it was my tires that did on a fun day out.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

They made you get a whole new fender? These fenders are made to be tear-away so that you can just replace the fasteners! I tore my rear passenger side one off a couple weeks ago, along with the mirror on that side on a trail ride. I have the fasteners and new mirror but haven't had the chance to throw them on yet.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply. I will get a hold of the dealer, your probably right they got the parts in just never called and I had gotten what I needed from someone here anyway. Any tips on taking the fender off? When I get the parts I'll have to do a search here I think I remember seeing some pictures
Old 04-22-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just popping back in to say I got the fasteners ordered. I left a message yesterday before the parts guys where and not having a call back I just called again. After a few minutes he found a part number and I asked him how many does it show is needed (to reference what you guys told me) he said 11...I said YEP that's what I need. They are only 48 cents each so I'm getting all 11 just to play it safe. Now I need to look around and figure out the proper way to remove the fender from the still in tact fasteners...find another tree to bounce off
Old 04-22-2008, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

I'm so glad to know it's just a matter of getting fasteners instead of new fenders. Seems my dealer is not aware of that.

Quick Reply: Stock flair fasteners?