Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock fenders

Old 04-01-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock fenders

Ive been thinking about redoing my fenders on my '11 unlimited sahara. i have the sahara tan and i think black fenders n grill would look great on it. so how would i go about doing this? im new to jeeps so please be patient. would bedliner be alright on it or should i look for someones used take offs black fenders and just bedline the grill?

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	145108
Old 04-01-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think you would be ok bedlining them if you do the right prep work. It's a renewable finish, so that's a plus if you plan on wheeling it (they will eventually get scuffed). Also, if you did go with black take-offs, you would probably end up eating the tan ones anyway, since probably not many people have that color yet. In other words, you would probably have a tough time selling them, and be out whatever the black take-offs cost. On the flip-side, you may want to get the take-offs, and put the tan ones back on if you get ready to sell. Seems like 6 of one way, and a half-dozen the other if you ask me.

Just my 2 cents.

Jason
Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2011 Sport 2Dr that I will trade you my black outer flares for your painted flares...
Old 04-01-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the input, im unsure so thats why i was asking.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI the flares on a 2dr and 4dr are different
Old 04-01-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Buy some black flares. I bought some for my sahara for $40 on this forum. I'm keeping the stock flares if I need to sell the jeep or some other reason. Don't ruin those pretty tan fenders!

Quick Reply: Stock fenders