Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock Fender Flares Loose/Rattling

Old 09-17-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Fender Flares Loose/Rattling

All of my stock flares are loose, to the point i cant hear them rattling around with driving sometimes. Has anyone else had this problem, if so how did you fix?
thanks,
Old 09-17-2012, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Is it the outer fender panels, the inner fender lining, or the inner support pieces? A lot of varios bolts, clips, and pins are involved in holding up the fender flares. It's easier to help diagnose the problem if you give specifics. Do the outer flares give when you try to wiggle them, do you have any holes under the flares where a bolt or plastic piece looks like it's missing? Etc... Pics also help.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

My front ones are doing the same thing. Both the inner wheel well liner and the actual flares move significantly. I've looked and can't find any missing broke pieces. So tonight I stopped at a dealership and jiggled a few of the new jks on the lot and they are solid. So I'll be taking her to the dealer this weekend.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

There's a bolt that juts out from the inner panel. I tightened it and it fixed my problem. Might wanna check it out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3444246813.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	366985  
Old 09-18-2012, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

It doesn't appear to be missing any pieces. It's mostly the outer fender moving but the inner moves a little.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jiggy79
My front ones are doing the same thing. Both the inner wheel well liner and the actual flares move significantly. I've looked and can't find any missing broke pieces. So tonight I stopped at a dealership and jiggled a few of the new jks on the lot and they are solid. So I'll be taking her to the dealer this weekend.
Let us know what the dealer says!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My front inner fender liners rattled...

That bolt that's pictured above -- Mine was tight but there was slop between it and the fender liner. I took up the slack by wrapping a wire tie around the bolts shaft and cinching it up.

Quick Reply: Stock Fender Flares Loose/Rattling