Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Still a sqeek

Old 08-07-2012, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still a sqeek

So about a month ago or so I took the ride to the dealer and had a tech raid with me to find the source of a sqeek. The tech said that it was either the rotors, brake pads or e-brake shoes. So have since replaced rotors and pads (all corners) and the e-brake shoes. Also replaced the front two calipers and still I have the sqeek. All wheel bearings seem OK as there is no excessive play when shaken. So I have gotten to the point of not having a clue as to what it could be. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2005 Mustang with a squeek that nobody can find or fix. Have tried several different kinds of rotors, pads, changed wheel bearings. It will drive you insane until you finally just park it in a corner and stare at it in confusion.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

Unfortunetly it is my DD and I have been sitting and staring at it for some time and the dam thing STILL wont tell me what's up. LOL
Old 08-07-2012, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Luckily the stang isn't my daily or I'd have to get rid of it. But the occasional drive to a show or the drag strip drives me nuts.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

check you front axles shaft nuts, mine were loose causing a squeak that was driving me crazy.

Quick Reply: Still a sqeek