Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Steering Wheel "Step Issue"

Old 02-07-2020, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steering Wheel "Step Issue"

First off, wanted to say great forum here..... I am new and love this togetherness of the community...

I got a great deal on a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport.... had a few issues, but came with a warranty so these were fixed. The weirdest issue is using the "step" button on the steering wheel, when the headlights are on, the Step button won't work (cycle through mpg, compass, etc). More detail on this, it always wasn't like this... had the egr valve replaced and it started, then cat replaced and it started working, then two 2 oc sensors and again not working with lights on, im going to assume this is an electrical issue?? Something maybe in that area with a bad wire?

Anyone have any ideas.... also if I turn the console lights down to the minimum it works again..... Figured before pouring money into it, someone could guide me to the right direction or ideas?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel "Step Issue"