Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Steering wheel is making a clicking sound

Old 12-30-2012, 01:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel is making a clicking sound

When it is cold my steering wheel makes a clicking sound but no performance is altered, is this normal? I have a 07 JKUR
Old 12-31-2012, 05:17 AM
JK Newbie

Is it a constant clicking sound when you turn the wheel? My 07 makes a bumping sound when you turn the wheel, but it's not a constant sound.

I am by no means an expert, but if it is a constant noise, to me that would suggest something in the power steering pump. I think the noise I am hearing is coming from the link between the steering wheel and the tires.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07RubiUnlimited
Is it a constant clicking sound when you turn the wheel? My 07 makes a bumping sound when you turn the wheel, but it's not a constant sound.

I am by no means an expert, but if it is a constant noise, to me that would suggest something in the power steering pump. I think the noise I am hearing is coming from the link between the steering wheel and the tires.
It clicks as long as the wheel is moving but once it warms up it's quiet again.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel is making a clicking sound