Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Steering Wheel Lock

Old 05-05-2010, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Lock

Just checked my new 2010 Rubicon Wrangler and there is no longer any steering wheel locking mechanism. Took key out of ignition. Jacked up front end and the steering wheel turns left and right without locking anymore. I heard this changed in 2009, but do not know for sure. Now when I flat-tow it I will not have to leave a key in ignition on position #1 and pull fuses. GM did this many years ago so I guess the FIAT people are learning to copy improvements of others.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I believe you are correct on this. I have been reading up on this myself.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerbill
Just checked my new 2010 Rubicon Wrangler and there is no longer any steering wheel locking mechanism. Took key out of ignition. Jacked up front end and the steering wheel turns left and right without locking anymore. I heard this changed in 2009, but do not know for sure. Now when I flat-tow it I will not have to leave a key in ignition on position #1 and pull fuses. GM did this many years ago so I guess the FIAT people are learning to copy improvements of others.
I believe some JK's lost the feature before Fiat came into the mix.

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Lock