Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Steering Upgrade Help

Old 03-31-2023, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steering Upgrade Help

Edit: Sorry, I posted in the wrong place don’t see how to delete it.

I’ve got a busted tie rod end on my mostly stock, non-lifted 2012 JK Sport. It’s a daily driver. I want to upgrade the steering setup to 1-ton and improve my on-road ride. I’m looking at a number of bolt-on options and leaning toward Doetsch. But I’m relatively new to all this. What all should I be looking to buy, aside from the tie rod and drag link? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Patrick McCorvy; 03-31-2023 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong place
Old 03-31-2023, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steering Upgrade

I’ve got a busted tie rod end on my mostly stock, non-lifted 2012 JK Sport. It’s a daily driver. I want to upgrade the steering setup to 1-ton and improve my on-road ride. I’m looking at a number of bolt-on options and leaning toward Doetsch. But I’m relatively new to all this. What all should I be looking to buy, aside from the tie rod and drag link? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 410 Likes on 385 Posts

I attempted to merge your 2 threads; Interesting that you want to up to 1 ton? Usually the Rock Crawlers go to that extent. That is a significant step up and for a DD.. IMO major overkill. I have no experience with Doetsch and none with 1 ton axles. Good luck, the knowledgeable and experienced members here could have more feedback.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:00 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

how did it break?

Quick Reply: Steering Upgrade Help