Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Steering Stabilizers ?

Old 01-05-2013, 09:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Stabilizers ?

I am looking to put a steering stabilizer on my 08 JK can anyone help with what brands are good quality and price... I am leaning toward the skyjacker for about 46.00 any advise good or bad will help... And I'm open for suggestions... I am running 33x12R 17 and looking to gain back some steering when going over bumps at normal speeds on roads and highway...
Old 01-05-2013, 10:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bilstein, Fox, King are all top notch. Any gas charged will out perform the standard hydraulic steering stabilizers like TF, SJ, RC, TM, ORV, PC, etc.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by k0260
Bilstein, Fox, King are all top notch. Any gas charged will out perform the standard hydraulic steering stabilizers like TF, SJ, RC, TM, ORV, PC, etc.
Do you know if the Fox 2.0 SS has any push to one side installed with 34's tires?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Just Installed the fox after christmas and yes push to the left is easily noticeable. The softness in the steering is definitely improved though. I had to switch back to the stock one though. On a straight road holding the steering to the right blows.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bombout800
Just Installed the fox after christmas and yes push to the left is easily noticeable. The softness in the steering is definitely improved though. I had to switch back to the stock one though. On a straight road holding the steering to the right blows.
Thank you for the heads up. I was fixing to pull the trigger on one. Did you try to let some pressure out of the valve on the end?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

was at 4wheel parts yesterday to pull the trigger on one for my 08 and they told me to stay away from aftermarket ones and said to get a mopar one that was redesigned in 2010. I ordered one and will be installing it next week with a bracket to raise it up so I dont smash it up again. The mopar part number was 52060058af. Runs around 50 bucks if you order from the internet or its around a hundred bucks from the stealership.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by captainkeene
was at 4wheel parts yesterday to pull the trigger on one for my 08 and they told me to stay away from aftermarket ones and said to get a mopar one that was redesigned in 2010. I ordered one and will be installing it next week with a bracket to raise it up so I dont smash it up again. The mopar part number was 52060058af. Runs around 50 bucks if you order from the internet or its around a hundred bucks from the stealership.
Idk about that. I have an '11 and I'm looking for a better stabilizer. I've got a friend who loves his RC dual stabilizer but I really don't like the look. I'm thinking of ordering the new fox ats. ORW has a thread on here about them.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bombout800
If you want to sell your fox let me know I blew mine on some rocks and need a new one.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Okay. Ill have to ask the gf as it was a christmas gift. Lol. Its got a whole 20 miles on it at most!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PiratesFan
... I am running 33x12R 17 and looking to gain back some steering when going over bumps at normal speeds on roads and highway...
This makes me wonder if you have another issue in the steering. On road in normal conditions you should be able to drive without a stabilizer at all.

I haven't tried any aftermarket brands, but any that push to one side are not proper stabilizers. The stabilizer should be evenly valved on each side to dampen sudden steering changes from either direction. If it pushes to one side it will not dampen properly if the wheels steer in that direction.

Quick Reply: Steering Stabilizers ?