Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Steering Stabilizer replacement

Old 09-05-2012, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll also get under it tomorrow to see about the bolts and if anything is loose.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gekicker08
Thanks GJeep, I wanted to upgrade a bit but I guess just doing a heavier duty Stabilizer would be enough for me. I'm not going to be rock crawling or anything anytime soon.
You're welcome.
Still, check to eliminate any other reason before you replace the SS, because you may replace a good SS, and not solve the source of the problem.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Def check your trackbar bolts. Avoid the dual ss. I had one and noticed no improvement over a single...and they are the first thing you will KO on a rock.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

I had a bad problem with DW when I first got my Jeep. After doing a total front in alignment (according to the link that was previously posted) and then changing my trackbar bolts made everything fine. Replacing just the steering stabalizer will get you in an infinite loop that will keep you replacing different parts of your suspension. Yeah, it's a good idea to get a SS, but in you should probably do the steering alignment and replace the trackbar bolts first.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered an OME replacement kit and the bolts suggested earlier. Thanks a lot for the help everyone.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by c17loadmaster
Def check your trackbar bolts. Avoid the dual ss. I had one and noticed no improvement over a single...and they are the first thing you will KO on a rock.
For this reason, when I replaced the stock SS with a FOX, it was also installed higher.

Last edited by GJeep; 09-06-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am trying to troubleshoot a DW on a 08 Sahara. The front end seems tight, all bolts and steerning components appear tight but the steering stabilizer is covered with light oil. I ordered a SkyJacker SS from Summit and it should be in Tuesday.
Howard

Quick Reply: Steering Stabilizer replacement