Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Steering drift

Old 04-03-2012, 09:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering drift

Does everyones jeep drift right? Hah my jeep is always wanting to go slightly to the right, nothing crazy, but it will wander that way. I put 265/70/17's on it up from the stock 225/75/16's it came with, would that have affected anything on my front end?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:35 AM
JK Super Freak

I have no way to back this up but I've heard in the past that most, if not all, vehicles will drift slightly right. Point being to steer you away from oncoming traffic should you fall asleep or whatever. I think mine will drift super slightly to the right as well and it only has 1500 mi on it
Old 04-04-2012, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

Roads around here have a crown and slope from the center line towards the shoulder hence causing a vehicle to pull to the right.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

I knew about the crown in the road thing, it just seems like a bit excessive to me (the pulling right that is) didn't know about it being designed into the cars nowadays that's nifty hah just wanted to make sure I'm not chewing up the brand new tires I put on it if the alignment got screwed with from the bigger tires. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to driving a jeep. They wander all over the road all the time

Quick Reply: Steering drift