Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

start up problems

Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjenx
This seems to be a growing problem.

Has anyone tried replacing the engine ground strap? Maybe just add another one, directly from the battery negative terminal.
I added a strap, per another thread on here, went well for a week or so, then it happened again this morning. a little bump on the shift lever, and it started right up.
I am thinking the range selector needs replacing.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just toss mine into N and it cranks right up. I have had this issue since 07 when I first got my JK, then it did not happen for about a year and Ithought I was rid of it.... THEN it started happening again which is when I invested more time and found out it would start in N. I figured it was a dummy switch or something but have never wasted any more of my time. JOE>
Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
I just toss mine into N and it cranks right up. I have had this issue since 07 when I first got my JK, then it did not happen for about a year and Ithought I was rid of it.... THEN it started happening again which is when I invested more time and found out it would start in N. I figured it was a dummy switch or something but have never wasted any more of my time. JOE>
When your does not start in park, do you hear the click that others are hearing?
Old 07-30-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
When your does not start in park, do you hear the click that others are hearing?
Sure do. It only happens once in a while. Usually the engine is cold. Thanks for all the response.

Quick Reply: start up problems