Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stalling - "Saftey Issue"

Old 01-04-2007, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Problems Stalling and Electrical - "Safety Issue"

Problems occuring on our '07 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x4 / "Safety Concern"

1st occurence around 2900 miles @40 mph - Lost acceleration power, dash warning lights lit up, radio/lights went off, placed in neutral, within 4-5 seconds regained acceleration and radio/lights and all warning lights went off. Taken same day to local dealer which they stated that computer stored a code of PO884. They also stated that they could not duplicate problem.

Since that occurance we have continued electrical problems of blinker flashing, radio going off and on when power windows rolled up, or when placed in drive and also when brake applied.

2nd occurence at about 5900 miles @ 70 mph - Lost acceleration power, dash warning lights came on, radio/lights went off. After a few seconds acceleration regained. Happened in heavy traffic in Dallas area "HUGE SAFETY CONCERN"

Consulting with 3 area dealers and Chrysler Customer Care Service Center.
Jeep has been in service dept. at least 6 times in 3 months to resolve these issues.

Electrical problems continue after each of these service visits and attempted repairs. Attempted repairs by dealers:
1. Replaced Ignition Switch
2. Replaced Cicuit Breakers
3. Flashed Computer/Radio

None of these have corrected issue. Besides time and trouble, SAFETY is my main concern.

Any Thoughts?

Last edited by RJ'S CREW; 01-06-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

sorry to hear about your troubles. i'm assuming you have an auto trans, since the code is for the TCM (P0884=TCM Power Input Signal Intermittent).

i don't have any specific answers for you other than to say that i'm also dealing with similar transmission issues and am currently having my dealer try to figure it out. my dealer has been making good faith efforts to try to figure out the root of the problem, so I'm hoping that it will get fixed soon. i'm willing to be patient, as long as everything gets sorted out.

i agree that it is a huge safety concern. lemon laws vary from state to state, but the fact that you've already had it in 6 times for the same problem, in addition to the safety issue, probably qualifies you to pursue the lemon clause.

good luck! i'll let you know if i find anything out.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

i hope RJS CREW's problems are a simple fix with the TSB, but i suspect not.

i've had mine flashed with the Nov18 TSB and still had the problem. there is something much more major going on with the auto trans than that TSB addresses.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

This happened to my wife today in rush hour traffic in a bad snow storm, talk about a bad situation. You can bet I will be having some words with my dealer tomorrow.

Bryan
Old 01-05-2007, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

Good Luck on your issue being addressed. I have spent numerous hours on the phone with Chrysler and dealerships and at the dealership to try and get problem resolved. The first and last bulletin that the dealership was showing to fix issue was dated mid December. They have tried that last week and problem continues.

Be safe.

RJ
Old 01-05-2007, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Your comment is true. The mid December Bulletin on the fix did not work. That took place last week. Still issues. I am really thinging hard and kicking myself harder on why I traded that Toyota in on this trouble.

Quick Reply: Stalling - "Saftey Issue"