Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stalling at red lights...auto trans..please help!!!!!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A leaking injector will throw codes for being rich. And you would smell it rich sitting at a light. I still vote crank or cam sensor because these do NOT throw codes when bad. Also check to make sure your battery clamps are right. You should not be able to twist them by hand.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is looking more like a cam sensor if indeed there is no code for it.

Went to the stealership looking for one and they didnt have any. I said " they must use a lot to be out of stock" he said it is a rare part to need. He then showed me in his database where chrysler uses 50 per WEEK at dealerships around the USA. So i am thinking that if jeeps around the USA are using 2600 cam position sensors a year, well then maybe my number has come up.

Wish the fuel filter was servicable. Pretty retarded to make a vehicle with a non servicable fuel filter ( they must last FOREVER) lol

So at this point should I replace the cam sensor and "hope" it works, or pay the stealership 100 dollars an hour to do everything I just spent 3 days doing?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

By the way, just replaced the ignition coil pack. That solved nothing.

Well it isn't the CAM Sensor or the Crank sensor. Below is a list of associated CEL codes that did not come up on the JK or on the CEL reader.
This is just a small part of the list from http://www.wanderingtrail.com/Mechan...iagnostic.html

I have also done the "key dance " from project JK to get my JK to show any codes on the odometer, but I only get dashes..meaning no codes.

This JK is quickly going to be "coming to a dealership near you" and you'll get $24k in mods for nothing, since the stealership only uses blue book value.

Next up is going to install the Borla Venturi to speed up the exhaust velocity and eliminate the dead zone in front of my MBRP, maybe the JK is simply "choking on exhaust"

If that fails then I will give to stealership to diagnose, and if the CND, then I will sell it. I can't drive something I have almost $60k in, and wont run.

P0315 - No Crank Sensor Learned
P0325 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit
P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit
P0339 - Crankshaft Position Sensor Intermittent
P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit
P0344 - Camshaft Position Sensor Intermittent
P0401 - Egr System Performance
P0403 - Egr Solenoid Circuit
P0404 - Egr Position Sensor Rationality Open
P0405 - Egr Position Sensor Circuit Low
P0406 - Egr Position Sensor Circuit High

Last edited by c17loadmaster; 11-03-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone know how much fuel pressure is supposed to be at the fuel rail at idle? I am going to get a fuel pressure tester for the fuel rail tomorrow and I need some numbers
Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think its time for a hemi (:
Old 11-04-2012, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
I think its time for a hemi (:
Hemi, no. Diesel yes. I wont dump any more money into this though, and 15-20k for any engine swap is just doing what Chrysler should have done, but on my dime, and that isnt going to happen.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

I'm not a Chrysler expert but GM and Nissan don't always throw codes with those bad sensors. Maybe someone more knowledge than me can chime in on those and Chrysler computers. They are typically run $20-30 which isn't a huge waste of money.

GM cars typically run 40-58psi when the key is primed at the fuel rail.

Don't worry about the fuel filter, 90% of cars just run that screen in the tank.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

I did some google searching.

Bad EGR came up as mentioned.

Dirty IAC was next, sometimes turning on the AC at idle can cause a stall to diagnose this.

Try wiggling the key while at idle to see if you might have a bad iginition switch. Have you tried the other key?

And then crank and can sensors and their associated wiring.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Swap the cam sensor, I'm a fleet mechanic for Verizon, we've had to change more cam sensors on Chryslers than I care to remember...Crank sensors too, but not as often..99% of the time no codes thrown...
Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, the exhaust venturi is in. Noticed better exhaust velocity, still stalls. Knew it would.

I ordered a CAM sensor and a CRANK sensor. Ill update in a few days when they come in.

Quick Reply: Stalling at red lights...auto trans..please help!!!!!