Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: Have you experienced the "Stall Bug"?
Yes, I have experienced the stall bug
54.44%
No, I have not experienced the stall bug
45.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

"Stall Bug" Poll

Old 04-23-2007, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems to me that most people have experienced some sort of stall bug problem....now its really starting to bug me.......why is it that not one of us has had any type of satisfaction from a dealer or directly from DC. We are talking of a potentially life threatening situation and all I see is everyone sitting on their buts. My problem has been reported to the Gov.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, my understanding is that so far DC can't find a cause, but some of the people on this forum are truly gifted, aren't any of us out there skilled enough to figure the cause? Any electrical engineers?
Old 04-24-2007, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Well, here's an update on my Jeep. My husband took it in for service this morning. They were able to retrieve a code, and they said that the code was related to the security system. They are ordering a part that will be replaced next week. I asked my husband what the part was, but he wasn't sure. They did think that the code could have caused the stall. I guess we'll see--I'm a little skeptical. FYI...I do have the power package with the keyless entry. The only issue I've noticed with it is that a while back the horn quit honking when I'd hit the lock button. We thought we might have accidentally done something that caused it. We looked it up in the manual and figured out how to make it honk again when hitting the lock button. I'll keep you guys posted...
Old 04-24-2007, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im curious to know what build dates are having the problem with the "Stall bug". Is it early builds, later builds or all? My Sahara is still on oreder and I should be getting it sometime next month so I am hoping it is something they work out before it is built. Any comments???

I just found a thread where this issu is being discussed. Looks like it was the earlier builds. Keep on using this poll so we can have a better idea if this is something that DCX may have addressed already.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/stall-bug-vs-built-date-6952/

Use the above link to take the poll as well. I think this will prove useful.

Last edited by Jeeperson; 04-24-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unlimited, Auto, power window/locks, cruise control, August '06 build, 9000 miles, 6 months, no stall.... yet.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thx...should I worry about the this?

Will pick up my new 4DR, AUTO at dealer today...should I reconsider cause of the BUG? The jeep was just delivered so build is recent I guess...
Old 04-24-2007, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Silverback
Will pick up my new 4DR, AUTO at dealer today...should I reconsider cause of the BUG? The jeep was just delivered so build is recent I guess...
I am not reconsidering. I LOVE this Jeep and can't wait to get it. I am willing to take my chances with ALL the different issues that have come up and deal with them IF I ever experience them. Personally, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just caught this thread after posting a 'JK won't start'. I"m wondering if my JK is experiencing the same problems in this thread. My 2007 Jeep Unlimited is only 2 weeks old with 600 mi. I noticed that the engine was running rough when I pulled into a parking spot, when I got back to my Jeep in 5 minutes. the Jeep was not responding to the key fob. I initially thought that it was the battery or my security settings was wiped out. but the second key fob and a 'Jump Start' did not help. The jeep had to be towed to the dealer, I'll post back the findings once I hear back from the dealer. Man I miss my 99 TJ.:sad:
Old 04-30-2007, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Silverback
what ever it is ,,they will come up with a recall dont worrie about it,,you cross that bridge when you get there, if you ever do
Old 04-30-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok it happened and I can weed out a few causes. First, this is how it happened. I shifted from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 4th then put the trans in neutral (at approx 35 mph) and coasted to a stop. Just as I stopped it stalled out completely. I have an X "C" package. No power package, no cruise, no security system. It has a build date of Sept '06. I am now one of the people who voted no in the stall poll that now has had my jeep stall. The poll is now officially flawed.

Quick Reply: "Stall Bug" Poll