Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: Have you experienced the "Stall Bug"?
Yes, I have experienced the stall bug
54.44%
No, I have not experienced the stall bug
45.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

"Stall Bug" Poll

Old 04-23-2007, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My complaint is in.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CLACKEY573
The first time was bad. I dodn't know what happened and I was in traffic on the 210 @ the 57. I was in the carpool lane and moving pretty good when it happend. It happed so fast but I was so distracted by it I can easily see someone crashing as a result. I know it's coming now so no big deal for me. I have had to explain the issue to my wife on what to expect. She is scared to death of it now. $30k and I have little confidence in it.

How and with whom do we start filing our complaints?
Mine was the same. I was i the middle lane and it took me a few seconds to figure out what happened. Its scary becuase you are slowing down and all the cars start going around you making it hard to pull over. My only saving grace was that I have a manual tranny and the RPMs didnt just drop off becuase the tarnny was "locked" witht he engine so to speak maintaining somewhat funcitonal power steering. The second I pressed on the clutch pedal steering effort got real tough. That would be really scary on windy road or going down the grapevine at 70. I have always wanted to use the runaway truck ramp. NOT!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think this poll would work better if there was just one option. You are really only concerned with people who have experienced this problem not those who haven't. The artio is not important IMO. The fact that people are having this issue is.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

When I was at the dealer for my "stall", the service rep told me they had at least 4 Liberty's in there for various "stall" problems. JK, Commander, and Liberty's... what is in common? Is it the ECM? Anecdotal as it is, maybe all DC motors with xxx engine control module are having "the" problem? Maybe only ECM's with software rev x.x have the problem? Only DC knows...

btw... mine occured only once at ~2500 miles (now over 3000). 2-dr w/ auto, no cruise or power pkg.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:15 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by nader
I think this poll would work better if there was just one option. You are really only concerned with people who have experienced this problem not those who haven't. The artio is not important IMO. The fact that people are having this issue is.
Concern should be for both. The higher percentage of Wranglers that do have the stall bug increases the probability of the others that they will, at sometime.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
Concern should be for both. The higher percentage of Wranglers that do have the stall bug increases the probability of the others that they will, at sometime.
I wasn't really sure what the best poll method would be, but I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people this is really affecting. I think you made a good point. Just because some people have voted "No" doesn't mean they will never experience the stall. It simply means that they haven't experienced it yet.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jckid
I wasn't really sure what the best poll method would be, but I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people this is really affecting. I think you made a good point. Just because some people have voted "No" doesn't mean they will never experience the stall. It simply means that they haven't experienced it yet.
The poll is fine except if you mark no today and it stalls tomorrow. You are forever a "NO" vote. Ie. My buddy Aaron (byucoug) never had the stall and always commented that I did until one day we were offroading and WHAMO! STALL. I think it will happen to every JK eventually. Sometimes I've had 2-3 in a day, or I could go a month with nothing. Who Knows.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

I haven't had my JK stall yet, but I do anticipate it at some point.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twice in 2500 miles. auto. no cruise. PLENTY EXCITING (once at night, on the highway, with wife and daughter onboard). Filed my complaint with the NHTSA some time ago. :angry:
Old 04-23-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CLACKEY573
The poll is fine except if you mark no today and it stalls tomorrow. You are forever a "NO" vote. Ie. My buddy Aaron (byucoug) never had the stall and always commented that I did until one day we were offroading and WHAMO! STALL. I think it will happen to every JK eventually. Sometimes I've had 2-3 in a day, or I could go a month with nothing. Who Knows.
Probably I should have made the poll choices:

Yes, I've experienced the stall bug
-or-
I haven't experienced the stall bug YET

I never thought it would happen to mine. I read all of the Stall Bug threads thinking how lucky I was, and then it happened. Now I agree with you--I think it will happen to every JK eventually, until they figure out what the problem is and come up with a solution. I hope it's sooner rather than later, so I can have some peace of mind.

Quick Reply: "Stall Bug" Poll