Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Squeal after replacing rear bearing and brakes

Old 03-11-2018, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Squeal after replacing rear bearing and brakes

hey guys I have a 07 wrangler Sahara 2door with a dana35 axle. I replaced the passenger rear wheel bearing, axle seal, collar, brake caliper, brake pads, rotor, and wheel speed sensor and now I have a very loud squeal coming from that tire while accelerating a slow speeds, up to 25 or 30 mph and while coasting at higher speeds, tested up to 60mph but probably the same at 70. I resprayed the rotor with brake cleaner but no change. I currently have the Jeep sitting to see if I fixed my axle seal leak and brake fluid leak. Any ideas on why after replacing everything it would squeal?
Old 03-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Your seal may not be seated correctly. I had a similar squeal after replacing a seal....I burned up my new seal in 2 minutes flat. Granted, I also slung diff fluid everywhere inside the wheel well in the process.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup the seal didn’t seal properly. Went out this morning and the ground was soaked with diff fluid so I have another seal, and bearing kit ordered and will be here Wednesday so if I feel ambitious I may take a go at it Wednesday. Thanks for the input

Quick Reply: Squeal after replacing rear bearing and brakes