Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Squeaky noise coming from passenger seat/rear seats

Old 09-01-2021, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaky noise coming from passenger seat/rear seats

Hey guys,

I have a Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport 2016…I am hearing a squeaky noise possibly from the passenger seat or rear seats. I made sure all the bolts are tight, but the squeaky noise doesn’t go away. Any ideas what it could be?

Last edited by Joel_Jk2016; 09-01-2021 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-01-2021, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 409 Likes on 384 Posts

Welcome to JKF.. Good group here.. alot of experience & knowledge.. The noise is probably coming from under the floor, multiple moving parts .. when does it become pronounced? over speed bumps, little bumps, Turns -- left or right or both..this info will assist in suggestions. keep the forum updated.
Old 09-01-2021, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just general street driving makes it squeak… little bumps make it squeak as well. It sounds like a loose bolt or something like that

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Welcome to JKF.. Good group here.. alot of experience & knowledge.. The noise is probably coming from under the floor, multiple moving parts .. when does it become pronounced? over speed bumps, little bumps, Turns -- left or right or both..this info will assist in suggestions. keep the forum updated.
Old 09-01-2021, 03:56 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,700 Posts

I have had issues with the front passenger seat squeaking on mine from time to time....only when a passenger was sitting in it. To me it always sounded like springs in the lower base. It's happened a couple times and both times the fix was to remove the 4 bolts holding the seat down and simply get them back in and torqued down. Seems each time it had happened it was after I had removed that seat for one reason or the other. Seams strange but I got no more squeaky seat. (My air compressor is under that seat and I had to do a repair on it not long ago so I pulled the seat to lean the whole unit back)

Quick Reply: Squeaky noise coming from passenger seat/rear seats