Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Squeaking noise from B Pillar Post

Old 02-23-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FD-LT
Please don't hijack this post with information about the latch solving the "rattling" problem. I've already moved my latch.

I have searched the boards, and the two posts that started as "squeaking" problems both evolved into latch solutions, but that's not the issue.

I, as well as other people in the other two posts, have a squeaking noise coming from somewhere around the "B" Pillar Post area. I have removed the door, and the squeak is still there. I have also removed the hardtop panel over the drivers side, and the squeak remains.

It sounds like either plastic or styrofoam rubbing against something, and is most noticeable on bumpy roads.

It's a minor annoyance day to day, but a major PITA on long drives.

Anybody solved this issue?
Mine did this with my hardtop on but definitely doesnt with the softtop.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chyrsler Canada replied last week.

All they had to say was, sorry your having trouble with your squeaking jeep

in other words,,,,,GO F YOSELF!!!!

kinda what i was expecting though....

i;m gonna sell this thing & BUY ANOTHER TJ or eben a YJ- they make less noise! LOL
Old 03-01-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vaseline or Silicone grease applied to the plastic portion of the thumb screws where they bear against the sound bar panels help some people.

Quick Reply: Squeaking noise from B Pillar Post