Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Squeaking noise from B Pillar Post

Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaking noise from B Pillar Post

Please don't hijack this post with information about the latch solving the "rattling" problem. I've already moved my latch.

I have searched the boards, and the two posts that started as "squeaking" problems both evolved into latch solutions, but that's not the issue.

I, as well as other people in the other two posts, have a squeaking noise coming from somewhere around the "B" Pillar Post area. I have removed the door, and the squeak is still there. I have also removed the hardtop panel over the drivers side, and the squeak remains.

It sounds like either plastic or styrofoam rubbing against something, and is most noticeable on bumpy roads.

It's a minor annoyance day to day, but a major PITA on long drives.

Anybody solved this issue?
Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There have been complaints of the drivers seat squeeking, is it possible it's the seat?

Seat issues

Driver-side Front Seat Squeaks!!!
front seat noise

maybe one of those can help
Old 01-09-2009, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Lube and re-tighten the roll bar

Have you taken off the bolts holding the side rollbar? In your manual, it descibes this as a pre-cursor to folding down the windshield. I would remove and lube up all those bolts (three if I recall correctly), and the foam surrounding the roll bar.

I had mine off when hunting down an A pillar rattle. Mine turnd out to be the exterior windshield bracket clanking.... I added some fiber washers, and lube... got that fixed. I was stunned at the already forming rust on the inside of the poorly primed brackets though.

But, back to your problem... Let us know if that helps! I think some other threads talked about a rattle in the seatbelt mechanism too, perhaps search on that.

Good luck!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. I will check it out and get back w/ feedback.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default electical tape and grease don't work for me either????

H E L P

this is nuckin futz!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQvCVfAh7IY
Old 01-15-2011, 11:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FD-LT
Please don't hijack this post with information about the latch solving the "rattling" problem. I've already moved my latch.

I have searched the boards, and the two posts that started as "squeaking" problems both evolved into latch solutions, but that's not the issue.

I, as well as other people in the other two posts, have a squeaking noise coming from somewhere around the "B" Pillar Post area. I have removed the door, and the squeak is still there. I have also removed the hardtop panel over the drivers side, and the squeak remains.

It sounds like either plastic or styrofoam rubbing against something, and is most noticeable on bumpy roads.

I was convinced I had the same issue in the B-pillar. Removed & re-installed the roll-bars between the B-pillar & the windscreen, etc but still no good. A few days later I had the rear hard-top (not just the front panels) off & no noise, even when I put it back on; top must have been rubbing somewhere on the soundbar or something I'm assuming & re-seated itself when I re-installed it & tightened up the retaining screws at the sides (they were loose when I went to remove them).

The sound returns sometimes after 3 or 4 months (particularly if I've been on bumpy roads or when the weather changes from hot to cold with winter) & when it does I remove the freedom panels, remove the side retaining screws and lift the top up an inch or so & jiggle it around, & then re-install everything; works every time.

Last edited by JKlad; 01-15-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

I had a similar issue. The noise went away when i loosened the screws which fasten the freedom panels to the rear cover. If they are too tight the noise returns. Let me know if this assists?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

New squeeks in jeeps.... I'm sure glad I'm mostly deaf!
But I do hear that stupid B pillar one. Now I guess I'll have to check some of these fixes...
Old 02-23-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default Helpy help!!!

Originally Posted by randyd
New squeeks in jeeps.... I'm sure glad I'm mostly deaf!
But I do hear that stupid B pillar one. Now I guess I'll have to check some of these fixes...
check out how loud this is!!!
my B-Pilar problem is louder the colder it is?

i can't wait for SUMMER to arrive

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeepsque.../0/9_bs6A5-5Co

sent a letter to Chyrsler Canada last month- If I ever get a reply back I'll post the good/bad news.....
Old 02-23-2011, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FD-LT

I had the same issue and it was where the seatbelt bolts on the pilar. I had to take off all bolts re-lube and re-install. Hope it helps.

Quick Reply: Squeaking noise from B Pillar Post