Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

squeaking dash noise....CURED!!!!!

Old 09-15-2011, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KUDOS buddy!!! Many many thanks. Had my rig in effing dealership 6 times. Saw this, CURED!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wranglerdan
had this godawful whining coming from the rear of the jeep. Told my mother in law to gtf out and walk. It's much quieter , now.
:d lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default Need suggestions...

Well I had a terrible metal on metal squeaking noise on every bump or turn, drove me crazy. Sounded like it was coming from the A-pillar/windshield bracket. Took the whole bracket off, drove around the block, viola'!! no more noise. My question is, what can I do to keep this from rubbing/squeaking when I put it back on? I don't have any windshield lights mounted, this is the stock bracket/plate on my 2011 Rubicon. Suggestions??
Old 11-19-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another reason why this forum is great, move it to he write-up. Good job
Old 12-03-2018, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I will definitely have to do that. I also saw another thread about removing the glove box and putting something rubbery between the ac/heat lines as they could also make noise as well as the ac/heat tubes on the engine side. Probably a good idea to do all of the above... A Jeep is going to make noise, it just is, especially with age and the constant flexing of body and suspension parts, its a fact of life. But I think I speak for all when I say that I HATE random noises: squeaks, creaks, and rattles that just appear for apparent no reason.

On a connected not, you're right the R&D guys that engineer and design the best off-road vehicle on earth could have thought ahead a little bit on this one. I mean 75 years+ of development on a vehicle that has in large fashion stayed the same over all that time, it would seem like a no-brainer. Like the fact that Jeep could easily put some kind of sill guards on at the factory to protect the painted surfaces on the bottom of the door jambs. Jeep did take the hint with the addition of LED headlights in 2017, but there's still room to grow for all be it small things like that, but things that people will notice. Most of that kind of stuff is relatively inexpensive and when done in mass production would not really affect manufacturing costs or overall bottom dollar cost of the product, especially when you figure in the massive dealer markup... Of course, I would imagine that there are those "purists" that would chalk all that up to the "Jeep Ownership Experience," not to mention the mind-boggling availability of aftermarket and custom Jeep parts. All that said, I still think Jeep is one of the best designed and built vehicles for the segment that it occupies.. I'm super stoked about the new Gladiator and even though I have been 99% satisfied with my 16 JKU. Yet, I will have to give some serious thought to upgrading to the truck as it seems to be the best of both worlds: off-road capability and truck versatility. With the Gladiator, it's a whole new world of possibilities. Jeep on my friends. OIIIIIIIO

Quick Reply: squeaking dash noise....CURED!!!!!