Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sqeaking noise while accelerating and braking

Old 12-26-2009, 08:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Sqeaking noise while accelerating and braking

Been having this issue since my JK was new, about 2-1/2 years (60,000 miles) ago. Started out as a minor squeak when braking so the dealer replaced all pads and rotars twice. Then they performed a front diferential service that was a bulletin from Chrysler. Now the noise is getting really bad. It mostly occurs when accelerating or slightly trurning and sounds like it's coming from the drivers side rear. The noise can be heard when cruising at highway speeds and when braking. I just had the rear brakes done again (worn out) and the noise still persists.

Anyone have any ideas?

2007 JK Sahara Unlimited, auto

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a similar issue with another truck, try spraying some lube on the spring seats.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

its probably a bearing going out.....
mine has little whine in it to which means they need to be replaced
Old 01-03-2010, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info. It sounds more like it would be the bearings rather than the spring seats because it's a constact sqeal sound. I'm goint to try a third dealer this week.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

if your jeep is still under warranty it will be replaced free if not i would suggest you find a local person to do it for a hell of alot cheaper....
BTW i like your setup man
Old 01-03-2010, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I'll let you know what happens.

Yeah, our rigs are real similar!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default solution

Well, Hayes Jeep in Gainsville, GA was able to diagnose that, even though the sound appeared to come from the rear end, it was a leak in the throttle body. Go figure. Anyways, they replaced it and the annoying sound is gone.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeep420
Been having this issue since my JK was new, about 2-1/2 years (60,000 miles) ago. Started out as a minor squeak when braking so the dealer replaced all pads and rotars twice. Then they performed a front diferential service that was a bulletin from Chrysler. Now the noise is getting really bad. It mostly occurs when accelerating or slightly trurning and sounds like it's coming from the drivers side rear. The noise can be heard when cruising at highway speeds and when braking. I just had the rear brakes done again (worn out) and the noise still persists.

Anyone have any ideas?

2007 JK Sahara Unlimited, auto

Thanks!
Squeaking on acceleration is usually a sign of the hamster getting tired, either replace the hamster, or increase the amount of grain you are feeding him

Quick Reply: Sqeaking noise while accelerating and braking