Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Speedometer location

Old 05-15-2007, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer location

I am planning on installing larger tires on my 2007 JK-X, and was looking for the speedometer gear on my NP231J transfer case. It is not on the side of the rear output housing. Is that it located on top of the case now? Anyone know where I can get a breakdown view of this model transfer case? Thanks for any help!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I have read there are sensors on all 4 wheels that send a signal to the computer to calculate speed. Its different than the TJ's and it can only be done by flashing the computer I believe. I think the biggest they can flash for is 32's, the stock rubicon tires.

I think people are waiting for an aftermarket fix.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:47 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fletch
I am planning on installing larger tires on my 2007 JK-X, and was looking for the speedometer gear on my NP231J transfer case. It is not on the side of the rear output housing. Is that it located on top of the case now? Anyone know where I can get a breakdown view of this model transfer case? Thanks for any help!!!

Uh... there isnt one?

The speedometer has to be adjusted via a software flash. Right now AFAIK the largest tire size they can do is up to 32" (stock Rubi size tires) Whatever sizes come stock is it, for now. Heard rumblings about adding a black box inline to adjust it, but nothing for sure yet.

Anyone else know?

or... what bigwrm said *L*

Quick Reply: Speedometer location