Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

spark plugs

Old 04-06-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yo_marc
There is a gasket.. it's on the intake side of things. If I recall right, it wasn't a typical o-ring, it had a pronounced lip to it. (the picture below is over-exposed so it's hard to make out).

The lip and the condition of the rubber looked good, so I didn't replace it. I have heard that others out here do, possibly with a different part number - Again, if I remember right, it's to help alleviate a rather annoying intake whistle that some members have.

I do have the whistle.. and I should have mentioned that the whistle got a little more noticeable after I cleaned the throttle body and mounting flange.
Thanks for the response on that. I did a little research and apparently there are two different types of gaskets that came on the Jk. Theres the rubber o-ring type and theres the lipped o-rung that you are describing. Fortunately your local parts store has both in fel-pro brand for about $2. I talked to the local steelership and they said not to replace it unless it looks dried out or damaged. I'm going with that for now. worst case I'll run down to O'Reilly or NAPA and grab one, if need be.

Quick Reply: spark plugs