Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Spacer lift

Old 12-16-2018, 03:09 PM
cpg
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacer lift

Just bought a 18' JKU Oscar Mike Edition, and love it. Just installed G2 1 1/2 wheel spacers and i think it looks much better. I know want to raise the front up about an inch to 1 1/2". I plan on putting 33-34' tires on it. Ive heard alot of good and bad about spacers in the front springs. . Primarily squeaking and other noises. daughter drives the car 90% of the time and will on road 98% of time.Its for looks. what are the best option w/o changing to much ? Thanks
Old 12-17-2018, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing wrong with spacers. I ran them for years and several thousand miles, I would just get some 2" coils you pretty same amount of work and it is easy to do. I am running EVO coils with 295/70/17's
Old 12-17-2018, 06:06 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

For something that is on the road and just for looks, nothing wrong with a puck spacer on top of the springs. Pretty budget friendly, and guarantees you won't net any additional lift than what the spacer is.

Can't tell if this is your jeep or your daughter's, but one thing to keep in mind about wheel spacers is many tire shops won't touch a vehicle that has spacers installed (or beadlocks). This seems to vary based on location. For example, here in Texas, Discount Tire (and many others) won’t touch your vehicle due to liability reasons; however, people in Colorado seem to report DT’s up there have no problem with it. You might just want to call around and check policies in your area just so you know and can be prepared if need be. I know I’d hate to have my daughter driving around, have a problem, and a shop won’t help her out due to something like that.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:57 AM
cpg
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, My buddy has a repair shop so I do the work there myself. I used red locktite on the wheel spacers and torqued them properly. i will recheck after a few miles.

Quick Reply: Spacer lift