Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Source for hardtop foam tape?

Old 02-07-2020, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Source for hardtop foam tape?

Does anyone know the source for the foam tape in this kit?

68026937AB
https://www.amazon.com/Crown-Automot.../dp/B01BX3IT3C

I'm looking for the open-cell stuff that goes on the freedom panel corners... the ones in the kit that are cut in the odd shape and the rectangles along the bottom of the kit picture.

These stop leaks on the A & B pillars. Instead of getting the whole kit, I want a roll to make just the pieces I need.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

It seems @Rednroll found something at one point, I thought I added it to my Amazon cart but I can't find it now.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to your local Lowes. They have a grey foam tape on a roll that has adhesive on one side. About an inch and a half wide and 25 or 35 feet long. They sell it for pickup truck caps. It tapes to the truck side rails and creates a seal when you install the cap. I used it to replace some torn and worn pieces on my Wrangler's soft top in the front top corners. It works great. The tape can be cut to any shape with scissors. Hope this suggestion helps you out.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found the tape online:

M-D 30-ft x 1-1/4-in Gray Camper Seal PVC Foam Marine/Automotive Weatherstrip for about $6.38

Old 02-13-2020, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. I have the gray camper seal and have used it in a few spots. I wanted to try the original tape since it's a little thinner (1/8"), a more rubbery foam, and hides better since it's black.

I found out the stuff in the kits is called EPDM. Closest I could find to the original was this...

https://www.amazon.com/Aerotape-Self...1626662&sr=8-2

It's the same 1/8" thickness, with the same rubbery feel and bigger cells. The packaging says EPDM. I'll try it and post the results.

Last edited by fivenote; 02-13-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Napa Truck Cap Tape.

Old 07-18-2024, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fivenote
Thanks for the replies. I have the gray camper seal and have used it in a few spots. I wanted to try the original tape since it's a little thinner (1/8"), a more rubbery foam, and hides better since it's black.

I found out the stuff in the kits is called EPDM. Closest I could find to the original was this...

https://www.amazon.com/Aerotape-Self...1626662&sr=8-2

It's the same 1/8" thickness, with the same rubbery feel and bigger cells. The packaging says EPDM. I'll try it and post the results.

I realize it's a couple years old, but I just came along this thread and was wondering how well(if at all) did that epdm seal work out? I'm looking for some for the door surrounds on my 2012 and don't feel like dropping the close to $250 Quadratec wants for their kit!! Thanks.

Quick Reply: Source for hardtop foam tape?