Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sound bar location 2 door vs 4 door

Old 09-08-2009, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound bar location 2 door vs 4 door

I test drove a 4 door and had problems finding a seat position I liked where my head couldn’t hit the sound bar. After that I rented a 2 door and didn’t have any problems finding a good seat position. Is the sound bar further back on the 2 door than the 4 door?

I guess I would like a 2 door and 4 door to measure the distance between the top of windshield frame to the sound bar centered over the middle of the driver’s seat (make and list any adjustments necessary so the measurement is level).
Old 09-08-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe the two door you drove had the seat height adjusted all the way down. It's the larger handle that is further towards the front than the recline handle. Just a thought.

Last edited by joearod524; 09-08-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:40 AM
JK Newbie

I moved them both all the way down. I'll just measure it myself Sunday at a Jeep dealer (I don't want to be bugged by anymore salesmen). I should be able to find a few non-power soft top JKs that will be unlocked.

Quick Reply: Sound bar location 2 door vs 4 door