Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sorry sob Dealer and TSB Done

Old 07-14-2007, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry sob Dealer and TSB Done

Well if you see flames coming from this email don't worry I am just trying to blow off some steam till Monday gets here.

I went to the dealer to get all the TSB reports done plus the recall
Sealing the windshield frame... which involved removing the frame reinforcement brackets and caulking.
Seals replaced... for the freedom panel water leak
Windshield header seal... Wind noise
Replace the wiring harness connector. The APS Sensor was losing contact and the ETC Light would come on.
Transmission flash...The Jeep would take a long time to fine a lower gear and some time would sound like it would just into neutral so they did a transmission flash on that

They had it for two days then called me to come get it and it was late in the day so the Techs had went home and just the head service guy was there. He was very friendly gave me all the receipts and copy's of all the TBS reports "so far so good" I kind of glanced at the truck then jump in to go home It seem like everything was running fine even the Transmission was not as sluggish as it was. But the wind noise on the top was worse then before. It sounds like the gasket or seal is not even up there. So...........
I got home pull out the paper work to go over the truck real good on the out side. This is when the steam started to come from my head and tears fall.
I first look at the driver side and there is a nice quarter size dent next to the bracket.

I walk around to look at the next bracket and once again just below the reinforcement bracket was a chip taken out on the corner. It looks like he took a screw drive and tried to pry it off. The bracket I think is made out of pot metal because it just broke off on the corner.

I was so upset I had my husband call them up today and he talked to the owner of dealership and the person who sold me the jeep and he said a few chose words too them and they just respond back with a calm voice and said just bring it up here Monday.
Now I have had several new cars and have never come across such shabby work and most these dealers even made sure their work was all clean up and they would even vacuum or wash it up just to make sure it was as clean as when you brought it in. NOT THIS DEALER he even I guess had glue on their fingers and did not have a rag so the just wipe it on the jeep and left it.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Super Freak

OMFG

SAY FIX OR I DRIVE IT RIGHT THROUGH THE SHOWROOM WINDOW AND I'LL MAKE SURE I DON'T MISS ANYTHING ...........

thats what I said w/t my old TJ for my steering but added in "and I'll make sure I get the viper in their too"

Sorry to see what idiots can do

hope they fix fast and the right way

Matt
Old 07-14-2007, 02:10 PM
JK Super Freak

How the hell do you get a door dimple from a dealer doing that work????? That looks just like a door dimple. Look at my pics specifically the ones with the rescue sticker and if you look close you will see door dimples I accidentally put in mine.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
How the hell do you get a door dimple from a dealer doing that work????? That looks just like a door dimple. Look at my pics specifically the ones with the rescue sticker and if you look close you will see door dimples I accidentally put in mine.

The dent is not in the door. It is on the side of the hood behing the mirror and it is right next to the area where they were working plus it was not there when I took it in to get it fixed.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

the "door dimple" seems to be from the little rubber band that hooks on to the door strap below to keep the door strap secured. When off, the door strap can pop off and the door can swing an extra 30 or so degrees out, causing the side view mirror to hit and dimple the panel. Sometime ago, my rubber band came off and I now have the door dimple dent too.

the pry job is really messed up!
Old 07-14-2007, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -MAW-
OMFG

SAY FIX OR I DRIVE IT RIGHT THROUGH THE SHOWROOM WINDOW AND I'LL MAKE SURE I DON'T MISS ANYTHING ...........
not without risk of jail time....
Old 07-14-2007, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ddchili
the "door dimple" seems to be from the little rubber band that hooks on to the door strap below to keep the door strap secured. When off, the door strap can pop off and the door can swing an extra 30 or so degrees out, causing the side view mirror to hit and dimple the panel. Sometime ago, my rubber band came off and I now have the door dimple dent too.

the pry job is really messed up!

Indeed. I have the same dimple on the drivers side...always wondered what the hell that was...I must have done it takin off the doors... Good call, buddy. Another Jeep mystery solved!
Old 07-14-2007, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blue Dog, what dealer?
Old 07-14-2007, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FiveOff
Blue Dog, what dealer?

It is a dealer in Marion. Have you had any good luck with your dealer in Charlotte?
I was real happy with my dealer up to this point. But I have notice over the past five years young kids running the service department now. I know mistakes can happen but don't try to pass it off that I would not see it. I have not even had it long enough to take the doors off or the straps to break. I do know what ever one is saying because I had dings and scratches on my TJ that I use to own. The darn straps would break all the time and bang my door and fender. But this is a case of poor shotie workmanship on this jeep. Plus a service department who needs to look over there work better and use the right tools.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

You're not alone - brought mine in for the throw out bearing and drove home with a torn shift boot and a grease stain on the seat. 2 more visits to fix it. No sorry, no oops, no nuthin. No go back.

Quick Reply: Sorry sob Dealer and TSB Done