Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

something strange with my locks

Old 12-28-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default something strange with my locks

I swear that in the past after I parked the Jeep ,and got out, the back doors were unlocked. In the past 2 days things seem different, now when I get out I have to either use the unlock button on the drivers door or use the unlock button on the key to open the rear door to get my boy out of the car seat.

I don't see any info in the manual, all the doors unlock on the first button push on the key, the chirp is turned off , the rear door child lock dials are set to the unlocked position.

Any ideas?????
Old 12-28-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Freak

yup,

There is a option to get all door unlock when in park and driver door open

take a look in here : https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/jk-computer-diagnostic-codes-21769/ or on page 35 of the owner's manual under Automatic Unlock Doors on Exit Programming

it a Easter eggs thing

Last edited by Pape; 12-28-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Thanks so much, I knew that I had done this feature when I got the Jeep. (Thought I was going crazy and the hollidays had finally claimed another victim)

Quick Reply: something strange with my locks