Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Softtop leaks

Old 08-16-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2011 leaks where the door surrounds meet the windshield. I notices the weather stripping isnt as good on the passenger side as it is on the drivers side.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love when people buy a Jeep and lose their mind when it leaks a little. Didn't anyone tell you when you bought a Jeep you signed up for this kind of stuff?
Old 08-16-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get happy when it doesn't leak

Originally Posted by badboybill010
I love when people buy a Jeep and lose their mind when it leaks a little. Didn't anyone tell you when you bought a Jeep you signed up for this kind of stuff?
Old 08-16-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine didn't leak when I got it. Round the second season it started to leak (only when it rained btw) and now it doesn't seem to leak much anymore. So I think if you just not freak out that it leaks a little the problem will eventually go away on it's own!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:12 PM
JK Newbie

My windows had a gap in the top front letting water in. I put two small pieces of stickyback foam on the underside of the rag top window where the plastic extention goes down into the steel door. Just on the front, not the back. This aligned the window to the frame of the jeep top.
Rag tops are gonna leak alittle, it's there nature.
Good Luck
Old 08-16-2011, 09:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepmedic
Check this write up out from another forum member. Great write up and fixed all my problems.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=softop%20fix
This works for a while but you have to reapply it like 2 or 3 times a Summer. I stopped giving a shit a long time ago. it rains, it gets wet, that's what happens.

Quick Reply: Softtop leaks