Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top in Winter

Old 06-10-2009, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Michigan also, and it was DAMN cold this last winter. I only have the soft top and never had a problem keeping the heat in or with snow up top....man I'm still waiting for it to fully warm up and you have me thinking about snow??
Old 06-11-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

another year round user. no issues.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Default No problem

I only have a soft top and where I live the high temperature is frequently 1000 degrees below zero F°. We have 1400 feet of snow a day, every day, 975 days a year. Often, it is necessary to open the Sunrider top as it is too warm in the Jeep.

(Actually, a soft top is fine for Cleveland winters, which are no fun).

Russ
Old 06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

i ran mine all winter in NY just put the heat on and let it melt the ice and snow- dont use a snow/ ice scraper or anything it can scratch the plastic windows.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by guinnessisgood
I run a soft top year around also, no problem with that heater. I have read though, just be careful moving the back window because the clear plastic becomes brittle.
GOOD POINT! rule of thumb is--if it's <45*F, don't touch the windows. They CRACK! how many Jeeps do you see with duct tape on the windows? not just thieves
I'd roll the rear up daytime at 60*, and when I got off work it's 20*, so I drove a lot like that!! Good thing the heater cranks

Quick Reply: Soft top in Winter