Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top Windows

Old 05-09-2011, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tj_2010jk
We're talking about rolling it up after we remove it, there's no way to just roll it up while still attached that I know of...
Ahhh... We are in fact talking about rolling it up on the jeep. Just un zip both sides to the top, roll up the window and put the loops ( loops came with your soft top, snaps inside rear bow) around both ends.

Great way to fly!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Interstink

Ahhh... We are in fact talking about rolling it up on the jeep. Just un zip both sides to the top, roll up the window and put the loops ( loops came with your soft top, snaps inside rear bow) around both ends.

Great way to fly!
I knew someone more knowledgeable than me would chime in. I have a '10 and have no straps like what ur talking about, is this something specific to a particular year??
Old 05-09-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I knew someone more knowledgeable than me would chime in. I have a '10 and have no straps like what ur talking about, is this something specific to a particular year??
Nope, seen these on jeeps for awhile now.
The straps came packed with your soft top windows or hardware. They are elastic loops with one snap on each. Look inside the rear roof of your soft top, you will see one snap on each end of the rear top.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have read a number of times it's not a good idea to drive with side windows and rear window removed, may damage the rear sail panels, for the obvious reasons. But I like it like that! This will be my first summer with an Unlimited (4 door), and I can see myself just rolling the rear window up and leaving side windows on. It was a diff. experience with a 2 door.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LaRose
Oh okay. Thanks for the heads up. Where can I pick up some of this chap stick lube, Autozone? Thanks
they might but you could check an army surplus store im pretty sure they should have some or else you could check quadratec or any other site that sells jeep softops maybe walmart or whatever...check around google search zipper lube or some combination like that. Ive seen it before i know its out there
Old 05-09-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Interstink

Nope, seen these on jeeps for awhile now.
The straps came packed with your soft top windows or hardware. They are elastic loops with one snap on each. Look inside the rear roof of your soft top, you will see one snap on each end of the rear top.
Went out and checked my rig, nothing along those sorts, no straps, snaps or anything.....
Old 05-09-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Went out and checked my rig, nothing along those sorts, no straps, snaps or anything.....
Straps are not "installed" by default. You should have snaps on the interior top rear (Fabric on the bow/frame) of soft top. Ive seen these on every soft top jeep I have owned.

BTW... Some have found there Loop Straps in the glove box or center counsel.

Last edited by Interstink; 05-09-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lightbulb Rear Window Rollup Pocket!

I have an idea. What about having two thin towels or other soft material sewed together (3 Sides) creating a window pocket. Unzip the window on both sides, side the pocket on, and roll it up. Should add the protection some of you crave.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

I got that zipper lube from the dealer, actually wasn't too pricey. Quadratec sells a really good soft top cleaning kit for 35 bucks. The window polish works great.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

You may actually have better luck with the liquid kind if yours are stuck and then use the chapstick stuff to keep it maintained because the stick wont be able to get to the teeth that are stuck very easily like a liquid can.

Quick Reply: Soft Top Windows