Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top Windows

Old 05-09-2011, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I lay them flat in the garage on top of a thick blanket to avoid scratching them. And try not top let them rub together, they still get scratched
Old 05-09-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always enjoy rolling up the back window. No matter what way you roll, they will scratch. Sometimes you just gotta say fuck it, and you can get a new rear window fairly cheap so who cares.

I have never rolled the bar with the window, I always removed the bar and left it home (When I had my 2 door) but now with all this room on a 4 Door, I think the bar will stay in cargo.

Nothing ever removed all the scratches, hell you can scratch these windows with micofiber But I have used many of the "Scratch Remover" kits, and they all seem to do the job at regaining some "optical clarity".

One little trick that seems to help hide scratchs, try using some of the Tire Wet products. I saw the dealer putting this on my old trade in and I was blown away how NEW my weathered rear window looked when they put it on the lot.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Reading all these complaints brings me back to the days of my old TJ softtop...

I found the ultimate solution to these scratched window issues............................a JK with a HARD TOP
Old 05-09-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Newbie question.

How are you guys rolling up the rear window? Are you just unzipping the sides and then rolling it up and securing it somehow?
Old 05-09-2011, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I never roll them and just lay the windows flat on a table to try and minimize scuffs/scratches.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Good advice, I'll definitely take it into account as soon as I can get my rear soft top window off. The left zipper is loaded with salt and garbage and won't budge. WD-40 can't even loosen her up. :/
Old 05-09-2011, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LaRose
Good advice, I'll definitely take it into account as soon as I can get my rear soft top window off. The left zipper is loaded with salt and garbage and won't budge. WD-40 can't even loosen her up. :/
I wouldn't spray any WD40 on there. They sell a special zipper lubricant thing that looks like chap stick that is supposed to lube it up
Old 05-09-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OscarTheJeep
Newbie question.

How are you guys rolling up the rear window? Are you just unzipping the sides and then rolling it up and securing it somehow?
We're talking about rolling it up after we remove it, there's no way to just roll it up while still attached that I know of...
Old 05-09-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tj_2010jk
We're talking about rolling it up after we remove it, there's no way to just roll it up while still attached that I know of...
That would be pretty BA though if you could.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by goncalo

I wouldn't spray any WD40 on there. They sell a special zipper lubricant thing that looks like chap stick that is supposed to lube it up
Oh okay. Thanks for the heads up. Where can I pick up some of this chap stick lube, Autozone? Thanks

Quick Reply: Soft Top Windows