Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top sagging from rain water..

Old 05-02-2010, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top sagging from rain water..

Well it just rained a little in Nashville. I had the three windows off and the soft top up without the door frames installed. I have all the drain plugs pulled and the back seat out so I thought I didn't have anything to worry about.

I discovered today there was rain water stored up in the sag of the soft top above the front seats. Without the frames installed, there's a lot of room for water to just sit up there in the slack. I dumped all the water out but now the soft top is stretched out to the point where it's only going to get worse next time.

Is my top screwed now?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They make soft top prop rods for that... I used a pool noodle above the sound bar to help with the flapping. (I have the safari top, so the OEM soft top might not have that problem.) Anyway, it helps tent up the top and allow the water to run off.

Quick Reply: Soft Top sagging from rain water..